Super Berry Mini-Muffins
Makes - 18 mini-muffins
¾ cup (110g) plain flour
2tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon (optional depending on your fruit combo)
½ cup (45g) lightly processed rolled oats (see hint) or minute oats
1/3 cup (100g) plain yoghurt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup (65g) brown sugar
½ cup frozen or fresh mixed berries
Try the following Raffertys and fruit combos or make up your own:
- Blueberries + banana + apple with ½ a punnet of blueberries or one small mashed banana
- Pear +apricot with 1 small pear diced
- Apple + pear + cinnamon with one small apple, diced or half an apple and 1 tbsp sultanas
- Sweet potato + carrot + apple with 1 small apple, diced
- Apple + peach + banana with 1 small mashed banana
- Banana + pear + mango with cheek of one large mango, diced
Process regular oats to a finer texture using a food processor or stick blender.
Don’t peel apples and pears in these recipes. When diced finely the peel shouldn’t bother your baby and will add extra nutrients and small amounts of valuable fibre.
- Step 1
- Pre-heat oven to 180C or 160 fan and prepare mini-muffin pans with either patty cases or cooking spray or oil.
- Step 2
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and oats in a bowl. In a separate bowl add the egg, yoghurt, vegetable oil, brown sugar and the Rafferty’s Garden pear + superberries (+ nothing else) and mix well.
- Step 3
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix till just combined then stir through diced pear. Don’t over mix.
- Step 4
- Using two teaspoons fill muffin pan with mixture and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 5
- Remove from oven. Allow muffins cool in the pan before removing if you’ve not used patty papers. Serve as a snack or freeze in dated zip lock bags for up to three months
- I absolutely love these, as do all of the family! Super foods + cake. Great combination.
Write Your Own* All fields are required