12 months +
About this Recipe
These savoury quesadillas are filled with delicious mexican flavoured beans & veggies.
We’d love to know what you think of our recipe! Leave us a review below!
- 1 Tbs olive oil plus extra for brushing
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 x Rafferty’s Garden Chickpea, Corn & Carrot
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup canned corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 whole grain tortillas or whole grain mini wraps
- 1 cup grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- You can use a sandwich grill machine instead of a fry plan and no need to flip the tortillas
- Serve with mashed avocado or dip of choice
Step by Step Instructions
Heat the oil in large fry pan over medium heat. Add the grated sweet potato and cook for one minute. Add the spices and stir to combine, and cook for about further two minutes, until the sweet potato is tender and cooked through.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and brush with a little bit of oil.
Spread about three Tbsp of the filling evenly over half of one tortilla, leaving a ½- inch border. Sprinkle with grated cheese and fold over the empty side of the tortilla, pressing down carefully by using a spatula, so that it sticks a little. (You can place two folded tortillas at a time in the pan).
Cook for about two to three minutes, flip and cook from the other side until golden and crispy.
Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas.
Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board. Slice each quesadilla into three to four even wedges using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Serve immediately.
review our recipes
Submit your review