Red Lentil and Vegetable Puree
Makes - 6-8 Serves
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
50g finely diced onions
15g chopped celery or leek
200g carrots, peeled and chopped (or you can scrub well and leave the skin on for an extra dose of fibre)
50g split red lentils (rinsed)
250g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces
250ml reduced salt vegetable stock (add more water if necessary)
Suitable for babies aged 6+ months.
Freeze baby food in ice trays and thaw before serving.
For a flavour variation, use green lentils instead of red lentils, and replace the Rafferty’s Garden Sweet Potato, Carrot & Apple pouch with a Rafferty’s Garden Spinach, Apple, Brocolli & Pea pouch.
- Step 1
- Heat the vegetable oil and sauté the onion in a medium saucepan for a couple of minutes.
- Step 2
- Add carrots and celery to the saucepan and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Step 3
- Add red lentils to the pan, along with the sweet potato. Cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetable stock.
- Step 4
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for approx. 20 minutes.
- Step 5
- Remove from the heat, allow to cook slightly then stir in a Rafferty’s Garden Sweet Potato, Carrot and Apple pouch.
- Step 6
- Puree with a hand blender and serve. For an older bub don’t puree until smooth.
Write Your Own* All fields are required