Peach and Sweet Potato Bolognaise
Makes - 10-12 Serves
1 pouch My First Peach
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
450g sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1 medium sized)
450g tinned brown lentils, drained and rinsed
1 x 450g tinned tomatoes
1 cup water
Cooked pasta to serve (optional)
Suitable for babies aged 6+ months.
Try this recipe with My First Apple
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months
- Step 1
- In a fry pan heat oil and gently fry onion, celery and garlic till soft. Add cinnamon and cook for two minutes stirring regularly.
- Step 2
- Add sweet potato, lentils, tomatoes and My First Peach and mix well.
- Step 3
- Add water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes until sweet potato has softened.
- Step 4
- Using a blender, puree until desired consistency is reached or for older babies, mash sweet potato well with a potato masher.
- Step 5
- Serve with cooked pasta if desired.
This is such a great recipe- packed with whole lotta goodness and Bubs love it!
I added nutmeg with cinnamon.. purée for the little and as is with pasta or rice for the older one.
Write Your Own* All fields are required