30 sausage rolls
10 months +
About this Recipe
Simple and tasty veggie-filled sausage rolls the whole family can enjoy.
- 1 medium brown onion, diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 400g can of no-added-salt lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 x Rafferty’s Garden Red Lentil, Carrot & Sweet Potato
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle (if desired)
- 1 egg mixed with 1 Tbsp water
Storage tip: Keep in an air tight container in the fridge and reheat and eat within 48 hours.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Remove puff pastry from freezer and let soften for 10 minutes.
In a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat for a few minutes until soft.
In a large bowl, mix bread crumbs, grated carrots, lentils, egg, chives, Rafferty’s Garden pouches and ricotta cheese and combine to make the filling
Cut each sheet of pastry into two to make two rectangles
Place half the filling along one long side of each pastry sheet and roll to enclose the filling and create long sausages. Cut into six even lengths and place onto baking tray. Repeat this process with the rest of the pastry sheets.
Brush the egg and water mixture over the rolls and sprinkle with sesame seeds if using. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden and crisp.