About this Recipe
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 x can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 x Rafferty’s Garden Sweet Potato, carrot & Apple
- ½ cup chickpea flour (or plain flour)
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- Serve the falafel balls warm or cold on their own or with a dip
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container and eat within 48 hours or freeze and eat within 3 months
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Put the sweet potato, red onion, garlic and olive oil in a food processor and pulse a few times until everything is finely chopped; be careful not to over process as otherwise the falafel could be too soft like mash.
Add the remaining ingredients and pulse again until everything is well combined (scraping down the sides as required).
Empty the mixture into a bowl and use your hands to scoop and shape into about 20 balls. As you make the balls, squeeze the mixture to remove an excess liquid and ensure it holds its shape, and flatten with your hands.
Place the balls on the oven tray and spray with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
Submit your review