Rafferty’s Garden are proud to officially become a REDcycle partner!
What is RedCycle?
REDcyle is a program developed and implemented by RED Group, a Melbourne-based consulting and recycling organisation. REDcycle is a recovery initiative for post-consumer soft plastics. REDcycle is a recycling initiative that diverts soft plastics from landfill and turns them into new products, such as fitness circuits, sturdy outdoor furniture & bollards.
This initiative can help Rafferty’s Garden to divert over 200 tonnes* of soft plastic from landfill.
What’s soft plastic?
Soft plastics are essentially the kind of plastics that can be scrunched into a ball. Do the ‘scrunch test’ to check if your plastic meets the soft plastic criteria. If it can be scrunched into a ball it can be placed in a REDcycle drop off bin. If the plastic can’t be scrunched into a ball, it can’t be recycled via REDcycle.
Common items for REDcycle include: bread bags, plastic bags, biscuit wrappers, frozen food bags, pasta and rice bags.
What Rafferty’s Garden Products can be Redcycled?
- All Rafferty’s Garden Pouches 120g
- All Rafferty’s Garden Chilled Yoghurts 70g
- Strawberry Yoghurt Buttons 28g & Mixed Berry Yoghurt Buttons 28g
How do you do it?
REDcycle has teamed up with Coles & Woolworths to make it easy for you to keep your used soft plastics out of landfill.
- Collect all the soft plastics that can’t be recycled at home.
- Please ensure it is dry and as empty as possible
- Drop your soft plastics into your nearest REDcycle collection bin and RED Group will do the rest.
- REDcycle bins are typically located near the supermarket checkout.
- Find your nearest drop off point.
- REDcycle will use the material to produce a range of recycled-plastic products, such as fitness circuits, sturdy outdoor furniture, bollards and other products
- There is no need to wash pouches.
- Keep the lid on! This helps keep the mould out.
- Packs must be empty and dry when deposited.
For more Frequently Asked Questions, visit the REDcycle website.
*Tonnes estimate based on FY20 sales data.