Little Vegetable Quiches
Makes: 24 little quiches
You will need a 24 small muffin pan baking sheet and one large round scone cutter.
Optional: small star cookie cutter.
Approximately 4 sheets of puff pastry
1 tbs butter
1 medium carrot
1 medium zucchini
1/4 red capsicum
1 cup of finely grated extra tasty cheese
3 small bunches of English spinach, finely chopped
1/2 a leek finely sliced
4 small Truss tomatoes finely sliced
Milk for brushing the pastry
Suitable for babies aged 10+ months
Not suitable for freezing. Store in air tight container and consume within 3 days.
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Set aside and defrost 4 sheets of puff pastry.
- Step 2
- Using a blender with a shredding disc, finely slice the carrot, zucchini and leek. Also, finely dice the capsicum and English spinach.
- Step 3
- Add the tablespoon of butter to a saucepan and lightly cook the leek until it becomes transparent. Then add the shredded (or finely chopped) vegetables and seasoning and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Step 4
- In the meantime, add the eggs to a bowl and the contents of the Rafferty's Garden Happy Tummies Vegetable Risotto and whisk together.
- Step 5
- Using the scone cutter, cut rounds from the pastry sheets and line each muffin hole with these to form the base of the quiches.
- Step 6
- First place spoonfuls of the cooked vegetables into each pastry base.
- Step 7
- Then gently spoon the egg mixture into each cup on top of the shredded vegetables, before topping each mini quiche with a sprinkling of cheese, a sliver of tomato and a pastry star (if desired).
- Step 8
- Brush each quiche with milk and place the tray in the oven for 25 minutes until golden. Allow the mini quiches to cool before serving to your child.
Write Your Own* All fields are required